Sunday, April 30, 2006

Store Review: Decades

Decades
8214 Melrose Ave,
Los Angeles 90046

Tag line: Split-level vintage house makes the dream of owning designer clothing a reality.


On a lovely Friday afternoon, a girlfriend and I strolled into Decades, a supposed gold-mine of celebrity hand me downs and designer goods galore. We got buzzed in and my previous excitement was quicky replaced with disappointment as I saw how little merchandise there was and how high the prices were. It was interesting to see old seasons masterpieces hanging on the racks again yet the prices seemed over the top high for what it was: used designer clothing. Even though I was disappointed with the clothing selection, I knew my fire would light up when I saw the shoes, yet again they were very sparse, probably selling only 15 pairs! At least now I can say I've been to Decades, and I'm sure that popping in once in a while I will find something I fancy. Id recommend going to Maxfield Bleu on Robertson if you want designer duds at remarkable prices. Think Prada Sport, Marni, Gucci, and Lanvin merchandise from its cousin, Maxfield on Melrose.

No comments: